Visiting from Pinterest? Welcome! Please feel free to check out some of my most popular posts on the sidebar as well as subscribe through email or RSS feed.
So glad you stopped by!
Summer is a great time to get some of those nitty gritty cleaning jobs you never want to do. Here are some of the ways you can keep your house looking good.
I originally had the idea to do one cleaning job a day for the month of June and blog about each one.
Except I've known myself a long time, and I knew I didn't have the motivation for that :)
So feel free to use this list to get a head start on your summer cleaning!
18 Ways to Deep Clean Your Home
1. Wipe down the legs of all your chairs. Dust tends to accumulate on these.
2. Wipe down all your baseboards with a wet cloth. Follow up my rubbing a dryer sheet on them to prevent dust from sticking. While you are doing this you will find so many tiny weird little corners like these that are so hard to clean! Have mercy on whoever had to install these.
3. Clean behind and underneath all furniture. Move beds, scoot dressers away from the wall and get all the dust that builds up.
4. Dust all fan blades.
5. Wipe down all cabinets in the kitchen and bathroom. Lots of grease and fingerprints build up on these.
6. Wipe down or dust all light fixtures (chandliers, lampshades, etc.)
7. Touch up any spots on the wall with paint that need it. Stir the paint really well first.
8. Recaulk any areas that need it (especially around the kitchen sink, bathroom sink, or bathtub.)
9. Wipe down all blinds. The easiest way is to vacuum them or remove them and spray them down with a hose outside.
10. Clean out the fridge.
11. Clean out your freezer. Discard any old food and organize all that stuff you've thrown in there over the past months.
12. Clean your couch. Vacuum off any pet hair and remove cushions to vacuum.
13. Wipe down door handles and light switches.
14. Clean your microwave, stove top, and oven.
15. Wipe out kitchen drawers. Crumbs tend to collect there.
16. Dust and wipe down the top of your cabinets and fridge.
17. Clean floor vents. Remove metal vents and air registers. Spray them down with hose outside. Vacuum or wipe down the floor around the vents as dust gets trapped under the edges of the vents. If you have wooden vents just vacuum them really well.
18. Wipe down the front and back of all the doors in your house. You will have more doors than you think! I have 18 in my 3 br/2 ba house!